Wooden Spoon Winter Camphor Balm contains natural camphor, mint crystals (menthol) and six essential oils, known for their powerful anti-virus and anti-inflammatory properties: tea tree, ginger, rosemary, lavender, thyme, and eucalypt.
Camphor, long forgotten, was used for centuries by many generations. They used it in balms, ointments, and lotions, to clear a stuffy nose, for massages or poultices. But also, to rub on snow-sodden feet of kids. After a play in the snow, they would put woolen socks on their feet, make some tea, and in the morning the little heroes would be ready for new adventures.
In Asia, they called it “Wonder“, “Dragon’s power” or “Healer”.
Its warming, anti-virus, and anti-inflammatory properties have been tested and proven in all those years and were of enormous help to people.
It is time for its return 🙂
INCI: Helianthus (sunflower oil) Annuus Seed Oil*; Olea (olive oil) Europaea Fruit Oil*; Camphor; Cera Alba* (bee wax); Prunus Amygdalus (sweet almond) Dulcis Oil*; Menthol* (mint crystals); Melaleuca (tea tree) Alternifolia Leaf Oil*; Tocopherol (natural vitamin Е); Zingiber (ginger) Officinale Root Oil*; Rosmarinus (rosemary) Officinalis Leaf Oil*; Lavandula (lavender) Angustifolia Flower Oil*; Thymus (thyme) Vulgaris Flower/Leaf Oil*; Eucalyptus (еucalypt) Globulus Leaf Oil*; Citral**; Geraniol**; Limonene**; Linalool**.
*Organic certified ingredients;
** From essential oils
More about the ingredients
- Camphor is a natural product found in the wood of the camphor laurel tree (Cinnamomum camphora). It has been used for centuries for its antiseptic, anti-inflammatory, and anti-virus properties. It creates a warming effect and has a peculiar smell which helps unblock the nose. Today camphor can be found mainly in its synthetic form. We use natural, food-grade camphor of the best possible quality that can be found in Europe.
- Mint crystals, better known as menthol, are derived from the essential oils of several types of mint. They have a relaxing effect for muscle pain and strains. They have both a light chilling and warming effect.
- Tea tree essential oil – it has a specific aroma. Highly valued natural elixir for its anti-bacterial, anti-virus, anti-fungal and immune-stimulating properties.
- Ginger essential oil – specific spicy aroma. It has muscle relaxing, strong immune-stimulating, and bactericidal effects.
- Rosemary essential oil – strong anti-bacterial effect.
- Thyme essential oil – tender herbal aroma. Known for centuries for its beneficial effect on the upper and lower respiratory tract. Soothes coughing, has a toning and calming effect.
- Eucalypt essential oil – strong antiseptic, anti-virus-effect. Very beneficial for runny nose and cough.
- Natural Vitamin E– A powerful antioxidant that keeps other natural ingredients fresh for longer
It is applied generously in the evening on back, chest and feet with deep massage movements. Then, put on warm clothes to retain for as long as possible the warmth resulting from the massage. It is best to combine it with a cup of aromatic tea. It is the perfect solution after a day of skiing, snowball fights or just ignoring the no-jumping-in-puddles rule.
For use on children under 6, consult a doctor.